I can't claim this genius idea and - shame on me, I don't remember where I've seen it but here it is - very simple, easy and fun.
You'll need Styrofoam Egg Carton - the lid will be used for the stamps and the base could hold the paint during your project.
First, you have to decide how big the future stamps will be. Mine were 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" (easier for little hands to hold). Then, you need to draw an image of your choice on a piece Styrofoam pressing hard. You can use a regular ballpoint pen without any ink.
Then, let the fun begin: using a brush apply a coat of paint over your Styrofoam piece with an image and press to a piece of paper - you've got your first print!
We've done some study while printing images:
1. We watched how different amount of paint affected the final results of a print.
2. We were counting the number of prints that we could get out of one paint application
3. We were observing how background can change the paint color. For example, blue paint on yellow background looks green
4. We were discussing a practical approach of this technique - we can make Gift tags.
5. We were talking about using Halloween Images and make some cards or decorations and etc.
(Note: All these points will be illustrated but my camera just died:( I will post them tomorrow....)
We had so much fun and I hope you will try this project as well.
Have a great day.