Thursday, September 2, 2010

My First ATC

Well, I did it! My first ATC (Artist Trading Card) is ready. I had so much fun, if that counts that's great, but I'll keep my fingers crossed until I will receive a rating from my Swap Partner.
This swap called "Bird ATC". Since I've never done any ATC in the past, I went on line to look what ATC with Bird could look like and after hours of research I've seen this image and it clicked.

Ancient China Bronze Bird and Beast Carving Wine Server 3000 years old

I was amazed by the craftsmanship of this piece, but the image of the bird attracted me the most. It reminded me of some ancient images of birds in Aztec art, and then I had an idea in how my ATC should look like.

Applying paper to a cardboard


Distressing edges


Outlining the birds with Iridescent Gold Deep Acrylic by Golden


After playing enough with different techniques that's how it looks like


I also included two word written in Chinese Symbols.
The word "Bird"


and the word "Happy"


It is a little bit sad to send away your first ATC but it is also very exciting. Wish me luck.


Sincerely,

6 comments:

  1. Great Job!!! It turned out great...love the background and the creativity of your subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cameron. You made my day. I've struggled with my camera to get a better pictures, but with metallics it is a little bit tricky... It is still not the same on the pictures as it is in real life, but thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is awesome. I have been thinking about doing ATC's and this is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats so beautiful!!! This is ichigoshortcake from swapbot^^ cute blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jilly. Thanks and good luck with your ATCs, they sure are fun

    ReplyDelete