Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Soft Toy - Robot Robbie - Tutorial


My daughter loves Yo Gabba Gabba on Nick Jr. Her favorite character is Robot Plex but she calls him Robbie?! Well, I've decided to create something similar, especially when you have a piece of furniture foam laying in the garage:)
The piece I am talking about was 30" long 11" wide and 4" deep.
You will also need yellow felt or fleece fabric, black felt for face and some body trim, white felt for eyes, I've used my old Thermal Suit in Silver Color for arms, legs and chest pocket, but you can use any material of your choice. You will need some buttons to decorate the body and some thick black thread for decorative stitching.

Step 1. Cut out your foam piece into head, body, hands, feet and neck


Step 2. Time to practice your gift wrapping technique. That's what I was using wrapping each piece in yellow fabric and securing ends with yellow thread. It's fast and fun.

Step 3. Create the face of your robot

Step 4. Create arms and legs. In my case, I've used regular rope for arms and legs, because I needed something sturdy to attach feet and hands to, and I covered the rope with sliver material sewn into sleeves. Note: make sure you'll put your sleeves on arms and legs before you'll attach feet and hands.

Step 5. Assemble your robot and decorate the way you want it:) Congratulations - you are done!

The finished size of our robot is 39"and he is as tall as my daughter:) So far, he's been a great help in our daily routines and we highly recommend to have robots at home, especially if you are dealing with potty training, not eating veggies and some other serious stuff.....

No comments:

Post a Comment